Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet Baby!

Today was my first day at my summer job. I chocked back tears when I dropped her off (eventhough I was only going to be ten feet away in the next room all day). She wouldn't take a bottle of breast milk from the teachers, so I took her in to the nursing room to feed her throughout the day. I loved every minute, but cried each time because I didn't want to take her back in there and leave her again. She didn't sleep much or eat much -even from me. I'm sure it was the extreme change in daily routine that caused it. I feel so guilty, but I absolutely have to work and this is the most ideal situation possible. Nevertheless, it is still very hard-not to mention all the recent drama surrounding her father and their pending relationship. (I'm too tired to go into that one...)


When I got her home I just held her and cried because I missed her so much. The poor baby was so hungry she ate five times between 6:00 and 7:30!! She feel asleep an hour before her bedtime, and I cried when I went to put her in her crib because I wanted more time. She opened her eyes as soon as I put her down, so I snatched her back up again.
I guess she wanted more, too! Just thinking about going back again tomorrow makes me cry. I missed so many smiles and little laughs and coos today, it's just killing me! I hope she smiled; I hoped they played with her, but there are 5 other babies that need attention. She's used to getting 1 on 1 with me all day.
I really like the job, but being Maysie's momma is the best job I could ever have! I'm hoping we both adjust soon....... can't handle much more stress and emotional upheaval.


These pics are from Memorial Day, by the way.


4 comments:

Naya said...

((Hugs)) Reading that made me cry. I hope it gets easier for you.

Momma C said...

It will. It was much better today- no tears from me!

Just J for now said...

I feel for you. I know how hard it is to be away from the babies. (I have one blog entry about this very thing.)

I wish you the best.

Daisy said...

I know how you feel! It is so hard leaving them for the first time! But you are lucky that you get to be right next door to her! It gets easier and you two will adjust to your new routine in a few weeks.
Cute pictures of you both! I love your poll too! haha!