Saturday, May 24, 2008

Clairvoyance!

The strangest thing happened this morning...but I must back up a bit for it to make sense...
This last Wednesday I mowed my lawn, but discovered that my weed eater was out of line and missing the guard. Rather than mess with that, I texted T (baby daddy) and asked if I could borrow his. He said I could if he could borrow the mower and even offered to trim my yard for me. He said he couldn't that night, but he would the next day (Thursday). Thursday evening rolls around and no T. I knew he would be playing his dumb computer game at 6:30, so at 6pm I texted him. He said "sorry. stuff came up. tomorrow?" BTW- it is very much like him to not show without letting me know he's not coming. I agree to Friday. then texted him back to say I would come by his house after my gym adventure that day to pick it up so I could trim the yard myself. No response. When I arrived at his place, he wasn't there. Now keep in mind that this computer game takes priority over just about everything, so I figured he was out chasing tail and the "stuff" that came up was probably a chance to hook up with who knows what.
So, Friday afternoon I texted to ask if he was still coming. He says yes, when it cools off a bit. Fair enough. I left my mom's early so I would be home when he arrives. I got a text around 6:00 that he's not coming (again) because he worked out too hard at the gym and he's tired. He asked if he could come tomorrow (Saturday). I said ok. I also asked if he was going to be at home that night because his roommate had invited me to stop by. He said it was doubtful. Now I know he's messing around with some girl because everyone he hangs out with was probably going to be at his place that night.
God bless her- she needs to be warned!
Anyway, I asked if he could just drop the trimmer off on his way out. He wasn't going in that direction...I said forget it, I would borrow my dad's. He asked if I could just wait until tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I told him I've been waiting (he was supposed to have done this LAST week, but never showed) and that the morning wasn't good for me. No response. I figured that ticked him off and he didn't care to say anything else (that's how he rolls). I figured that was that. I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of how I'd like to tell him off in front of his new lady friend.
So here comes the weird part......
This morning, Maysie woke up just before 7am. I brought her into bed with me so we could play. Out of nowhere, the though that T might show up that morning entered my head. I thought that if he did, he would show up early because he's an early riser, and I thought that he would probably want to beat the rain, too, since it was overcast....then I thought: what if he's here right now? I looked up (I can see my front door from my bed) and he had just walked up to my door and was looking in.
How did I know??!!!
Luckily I had that thought or he would have scared me to pieces! He kissed the baby and just got started before the rain came down. He left his trimmer saying he would come back later if the rain subsided; he wanted to pick up his other daughter, too. It cleared up by 11am. At 5pm, I hadn't heard from him (surprise), but had already arranged for my dad to come out and help me because clearly T is unreliable.. I let T know he need not worry about it......I'll bet he didn't pick up Claire, either.......I hope new girl is on the pill- T has a habit of making babies then taking off!!!

No comments: