Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, Monday....


So I got a summer job today. I'll be working full time at the learning center where I plan to take Maysie when I go back to work this fall. I can work there this summer and Maysie can be cared for literally next door to where I will be all day caring for 2 to 3 year olds. I feel better knowing I can peek in on her whenever I need to or nurse her when she needs me. It's also a bonus that I will know the staff well when I am not working in the same building; when I'm actually across town and she's inaccessable during the day. I get a 25% discount while I'm employed there, too. Nice! I won't make much, but anything will help now seeing as I won't get another paycheck from the schools until September! I hope my house sells this month!

Maysie is changing so much. She's sucking on her little hands like crazy and drooling. She likes to lick things or just stick out her tongue! Baby tongues are so cute! I love that I know how to make her smile! It melts me everytime...

The other morning, I went in to get her once she woke up. When I looked into her crib she looked up at me and smiled so big! It was awesome!!! She's trying to turn over; she can get halfway there already! When she pushes her chest up during her tummy time, her little legs are just pumping away trying to get herself moving....if only her shoulders and arms would join the party- darn that disproportionately heavy head!

2 comments:

Just J for now said...

I'm so happy that you've found a place you trust to care for Maysie. I know as a single mom childcare is the biggest struggle.

Daisy said...

Wow! She is advanced! Akira just started doing that last week- I hope she starts to like tummy time more! Good luck at your new job. Going back to work was so tough- let me know how it goes for you! I love all your lists!