Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nap Time Rocks!

I've decided that AAA batteries are completely useless! I have a monitor that I keep by my bed so I can hear when Maysie starts to stir. Usually, I'm good about determining when her little noises mean "I'm sleep-grunting", or "I just woke up and I'm hungry". Being a light sleeper, I almost always get there before she starts to cry. Last night, however, I was awakened by my baby crying out. Why? Well, the batteries on the monitor had died...again! She's only been sleeping in her crib for about 3 weeks, therefore I've only been using the monitor for that long. This will be the SECOND time I've had to change the batteries!
Here I was at 4 am scavenging batteries from any remote control in the house that used AAA's. While I was able to find four, none of them had enough juice to power the walkie talkie that I keep in my room! Needless to say, every tiny noise I heard from her nursery after I went back to bed put my ears on point, straining to decipher it's call. She was up for good three hours later. When I went in to get her, she had managed to wiggle herself completely sideways in her crib, which is pretty amazing considering her arms are velcroed to her side and her legs are in a pouch. She's advanced!

Two days ago I caught a mouse rummaging through my pantry! Today when I was making my lunch I discovered that little wanker had nibbled into my tortillas! No wrap for me........
I put a humane trap out yesterday; nothing so far!

No comments: