Friday, May 9, 2008

TGIF

Yesterday was rough! Maysie was fussy the majority of the day, and I was feeling very isolated. Not so much from everyone, but from Maysie's dad- the one person I want to be closer to. It's hard maintaining a relationship with him because he seems so aloof about seeing his daughter. He'll talk a big game at times, but his actions hardly ever follow his words. I wish I didn't allow him to get to me so easily- he drives the knife deep, but I keep giving it to him, then I stand there with my arms open saying "let me have it".
Foolish. I'm tired of crying about it....

Maysie is having sleep issues that I don't know how to deal with. She had created a good schedule of going to bed at 8, then waking two times during the night around 12:30 and 4:30. Now she won't go to bed in her crib until after 9- though she will sleep in my arms, as soon as I put her down she's wide awake and fussing. I tried putting her down without being swaddled last night since she always struggled to get out of the wrap and sometimes even cries when I put her in it. She woke up within 5 minutes both times I tried. The last time I swaddled her; she finally went to bed- maybe out of comfort from being wrapped, or maybe out of exhaustion from the late hour and fussiness all evening. There were a few times last night when I felt I couldn't handle it any more- I was going to come unglued...but what other options do I have? I don't have a co-parent to hand her over to when I need a time out. The good part of this new sleep pattern is she only wakes once at 3am.....

Being a single parent is hard!

She did lift her chest off the floor during tummy time yesterday! I was very excited and proud! She's not suppoed to do that until around 3 months. Maysie will be 2 months in the 16th. She's advanced!

I really want some cake and/ or pizza. I wish I wasn't hungry all the time! Maybe I should stop watching the Food Network....

1 comment:

Just J for now said...

I got your message on my blog. Thanks for visiting. I'm sorry for the awkward position you're in with your ex and trying to parent with him.

And it sounds like you need a nap. The best advice anyone ever gave me was: Nap when she naps. I know it's hard because you have 10,000 things to do, but it's the only time you have to rest.

I'd love to stay in touch. Wishing you peace and rest.

J