Friday, May 16, 2008

So.....

Not much going on. I feel like such a recluse these days- I'm not used to that. My baby girl is 2 months old today! I had lunch with a friend from the theatre today. I hadn't seen him since "Bye Bye Birdie" closed in early March. (I performed in that show as Mrs. MacAfee- it was the only role where I could get away with being pregnant. Maysie was born two weeks later.) It was nice to show off my post pregnancy figure, but in vain- he's married. It was good to see him, though. I'm going to miss doing shows. I've been performing for 13 years now. I love it- it's my drug of choice. I was glad I managed to squeeze in one more before Maysie. I knew after she was born I wouldn't have the time, nor would I be as interested in being away from her for rehearsals. Going to rehearsals everyday and being around my friends also helped me to get through the last leg of my pregnancy. It was rough going it alone; there were times when I wasn't sure I could do it. But I did, and I feel I"m stronger for it -though still shaky at times. I have no regrets. I'm trying not to have any resentment, either- it's pointless and unhealthy. But it's also very hard not to feel resentment, especially when she screams for 45 minutes straight and my back aches from carrying her around all the time. Eventhough I love her more than anything, I could use a break now and again! I am proud to say I can prepared tuna helper from start to finish with one hand and a baby on my shoulder! A hidden talent!

My good friend is going to be on that MTV show about finding an Elle Woods for Broadways "Legally Blonde". I've caught a glimpse of her on the trailor!! She was in "Birdie" with me. She had to leave before our last weekend to start filming. She was back the next week, though. Those New York people are crazy; she's awesome! She and I met during "Peter Pan". She was Tiger Lily and I was Peter. We were also in a commercial together. I'm the only one without long blonde hair. We're supposed to make another commercial for Shakes soon. I'll keep you posted.

Another friend of mine is coming to town this weekend. He taught down the hall from me my first year at the school. He and his wife are moving to San Fransisco so he can go to seminary school. I'm going to meet up with them sometime tomorrow. He'll get to meet Maysie!

I've been gussyin' up my house in order to make it more tempting for buyers.....hard to tempt them if they don't look, though! Where's my easy button!!!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I was in Birdie in 8th grade! I was the "sad girl" that Conra's manager does a song and dance number with at the airport! Good luck selling your house- that's always a pain!