Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 1...Here goes.....

My sweet Maysie Rowyn!

I've been inspired by my sister-in-law and mother of 3 and a half (half due in July) wonderful kiddos. I had a blog many years ago, but now one divorce and sweet baby girl later, I need something to pass the time and hopefully make contact with the outside world.


May daughter Maysie was born March 16. She's the most beautiful baby girl! Adjusting to her schedule has been tough. I've never been a sit around at home kind of person- I've always loaded up my social plate just beyond spillage- but having an infant to care for has changed all of that. I wouldn't trade it for anything, though! Regardless of how much I love being a momma, the isolation and cabin fever is hard to cope with.


I'm raising her as a single parent- that's a whole saga in itself, maybe for another blog. I never had any doubts that I could do it alone. I'm freshly 30, and I've had since 19 weeks pregnant to come to terms with being a single mom. I'm not the first to go it alone. If other parents can do it, then so can I!


In my other life I'm a middle school teacher. Needless to say I like kids.


I'd love to hear from other moms....is anybody out there?


No comments: