Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010- the Year of Reinvention...

So one year and some months later, I resurface in this blogging world. Who knows if I'll be able to update regularly. I can think of so many other activities to do with my (little) free time: grading paper, cleaning, resting, updating scrapbooks, reading....yet, the beacon of technology is somehow more enticing. My cousin is able to keep her blog up and running with a teeny and adorable baby girl along with a full time job, so surely I can too. In addition, I've remarried, so I have an extra set of willing hands to share parenting duties (though, I've learned that momma is ALWAYS on duty).
So now the question is, what do I write about? No more do I wish to use a blog as a sounding board for my issues, nor do I have as many- thank God! I wrapped up 2007 (The Year of Breaking Down) along with a sprinkle of the drama from 2008 (The Year of New Beginnings) and threw it out the window. I've made peace with those years.... Last year I named "The Year of Letting Go" because it became necessary for me to hand over the reins that I clutched so tightly, in all parts of my life, to others. I had an intern for the first part of the school year, I also co-teach with another teacher in the afternoons, which means that I had to let go of my classes and my "new and excting lesson ideas for next year". I love the act of teaching- maybe because it is an act, and I'm an actor at heart; but with a co-teacher, I must share that job, including the fun, the delivery, and (Wooohaa!) the grading with another. Not that I'm stingy; I like sharing, but I get a specific idea of how I feel a task (lesson) should be carried out in order for maximum efficiency. It's been hard to watch someone else do it differently than I would. ......but I'm learning, and we are beginning to find a balance.
On top of all that, a new addition to our household posed a new challenge. I remarried in May. In October, he was finally home for good. Since Maysie's birth, I have had a fairly tight routine that ensures everything gets done around the house and done well. It's been difficult allowing someone with no real experience with parenting or running a household to interrupt..... I mean share my routine. But with that I am also learning and enjoying the relief of some around the house jobs.
2010 will be "The Year of Reinvention". I intend to rediscover a self lost in the sadness and drama and stiff house hold regimen. I want to go back to the gym, when I can. I want to paint more, cook more (which I've really enjoyed starting again), spend time with friends, maybe audition again- though I can't see that happening very soon. I hoping that by trying again all the things I love, I can find me, but a new me. Me, changed for the better, stronger, more understanding and patient. We shall see.......

3 comments:

MrsMeyer said...

And I couldn't be happier for you and your Beautiful family!! I just wish we lived closer but I LOVE it when we get to see each other and our girls get to play together :) They are both getting SO BIG.


Love you always

Charles Riedmueller said...

And you'll do it all without fear of judgement or censorship or spite, right?

I hope so. I have hoped so.

Happiest 2010, Caity. I wish you a happy reinvention.

Daisy said...

Congrats on your marriage! How fun! Good to see your blog again! ;)