Sunday, January 31, 2010

Maysie pics: My baby in the snow!






We went out and played in the snow at my parent's house today. She loved the sledding, and eating Grandma's homemade snow ice cream.
Isn't it funny how we pass on so much of our personalities to our children? For example: I am a creature of habit. I always have been to a degree, but even more so now in my adult years. Raising an infant ala solo to 15 months also contributed to my tendancies to tight schedules and life-patterns. I'm trying to ease up a bit in that corner of my psyche (see previous post), but some habits will continue....
Maysie has lived her little life thus far watching me and living these habits and schedules with me. She, too, has picked up on what should go where and when, etc. Last night, as we were preparing to sit down to dinner at my mom and dad's house, Dad sat by Maysie (the spot usually reserved for me) just to visit while I made my plate. Maysie's near immediate response to Poppy's presence: "No, Poppy! That's Mommy's chair!" Ha! Maybe this means she'll come to appreciate and immulate my everything-in-its-own-logical-place oraganizational metality....

No comments: