Friday, March 26, 2010

Feeling inspiration buried within.....









Springtime makes me feel restless. I feel I need to get out there and do something important and/or wild. Next weekend, I'm planning to buy a ton of bedded plants and bring my back porch to life. I've got the pots, just nothing inside but ideas. My landlord is also taking out an eye-sore of a shed that was here before me and contains nothing of ours. Once that's gone, I'm going to till up the soil and create a little garden. Maysie and I even started some little peet seedlings today! I feel like I want to create, but I can't find the inspiration... I'm artistically "tongue tied".
I've also requested some information from ASU's online Masters program. Several of my co-workers are earning their Masters online from ASU and like the program. Perhaps if I start this summer, I won't feel so overwhelmed and can find a groove for the work. I have a Netbook now, and I just bought a router, so I can work online from my porch while Maysie plays in the backyard.
I bought a box of blonde and a box of strawberry blonde for some funky highlights. I'm going to play beauty shop before school starts again and see if the kids notice. Sniffing sunshine brings out the free spirited eccentric in me. I need to put them in before my practical winter self speaks up. Wish me luck!
So Maysie's second birthday party wasn't what I had envisioned, but my parent's house made a lovely (and warm) party sight. Here are some pics for your enjoyment....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how inspiration works? You never know what will spark it, what will halt it, or where it comes from....but once it finds you, whoa....hold on for the ride!!!